Scoileanna Ildánacha\Creative Schools 2022
Creative Schools is a flagship initiative of the Creative Ireland Programme to enable the creative potential of every child. Creative Schools is led by the Arts Council in partnership with the Department of Education and the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.
The initiative is also informed by the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy (2016–25) Making Great Art Work: Leading the Development of the Arts in Ireland (see here: http://www.artscouncil.ie/arts-council-strategy/).
The Creative Schools initiative supports schools and Youthreach centres to put the arts and creativity at the heart of children’s and young people’s lives. It provides opportunities for children and young people to build their artistic and creative skills, including; communication, collaboration, imagination, curiosity and invention.
Each participating school/centre will be matched with a Creative Associate who will work with them to carry out an analysis of their current engagement with the arts and creativity. Using this they will create a sustainable Creative Schools Plan that will draw on a range of opportunities within the school/centre and the wider community.
Ms. Sinead Burke applied to be included in Creative Schools in September 2022.
We were successful as can be seen in the e-mail response:
ARN: 67221 (please quote this number on all future correspondence)
Application number: A478894
Regarding: Creative Schools/ Scoileanna Ildánacha 2022
Thank you very much for your application to Scoileanna Ildánacha/Creative Schools 2022.
The Arts Council received 265 eligible applications for Creative Schools 2022. 182 schools and Youthreach centres have been awarded Creative Schools 2022, and these will be listed on our website www.artscouncil.ie in due course.
I am delighted to let you know that your application has been successful and that the Arts Council is inviting your school/centre to join the Creative Schools programme in September 2022.
The Arts Council is offering your school/centre; a Creative Schools grant of €4,000 in total for the two year period 2022/2023 and 2023/2024; substitution cover for your School Coordinator (a member of your teaching staff nominated by your school/centre) to participate in training; and up to nine days in both 2022/2023 and 2023/2024 of expert advice and support from a Creative Associate who we will assign to your school/centre later this year.
Creative Schools Manager
Our facilitator, assigned to our school, is:
Gabi Mc Grath
Art Facilitator and Educator
Creative Associate on Creative Schools Programme, Arts Council of Ireland
Regional CRAFTed Coordinator and Facilitator, Design and Craft Council Ireland
In addition to funding Creative Schools 2022 provides
- Schools/centres will be assigned a Creative Associate, who will advise and support them for a maximum of nine days over the school year.
- Creative Schools Coordinators (members of participating schools’/centres’ staff) will attend training, which will provide the opportunity to meet other participating schools/centres and the Creative Schools team. Creative Schools Coordinators should be available to attend this training, and one-day substitution cover per year per school will be paid to facilitate their attendance.
- Other training and networking opportunities may be available to schools/centres, such as training about involving children and young people in decision-making.
- Schools/centres will be invited to take part in Creative Schools Week, a national celebration of the arts and creativity.
Activity can you use the funding for?
The funding can be used:
- Creative methods to develop arts and creativity policies and plans
- Working with artists and/or creative practitioners
- Exploring creative ways to teach and learn
- Arts and creative professional development for teachers
- Engaging with local arts and creative organisations
- Providing workshop, exhibition or performance opportunities for the children/young people
- Visits to galleries, theatres, heritage sites, cinemas, museums, libraries and the local arts centre.
click to open
A poll was conducted and the majority favoured painting murals on the outside school walls. Pupils then had a choice of what the theme of the murals would be – animals won!
10th Match 2023
CREATIVE SCHOOLS – EASTER 2023
CREATIVE SCHOOLS WEEK
8th May – 12th May 2023
CREATIVE SCHOOLS – JULY 2023
CREATIVE SCHOOLS ….. SEPTEMBER 2023 – JUNE 2024
19th September 2023
8th November 2023